Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a little cliche

Last night my dear hubby asked me if I was making any New Years resolutions, I laughed, and said 'no!'. See, there is something you should know about me, I hate the cliche. I have always had just a drive in me to do things a little different. Not alot different, but just enough. So, every year at this time when everything from the diet adds on TV, to the the graffiti on the wall, is telling you that "this year will be different, it will be the best, this is the one you have been waiting for" I tend to scoff. I tend to see it as another consumer marketing scheme. I am a big believer in making good decisions every day of the year(as my kids are so very tired of hearing hehe).

Yet, as the day was quiet, and I found myself taking down the tree, thus cleaning the house, I enjoyed the thought of starting another year. And yes, I even found myself thinking of what might come 'this year'. Thinking of how it might be different. Hoping, dreaming of some of the things I would like to see happen, and loving that I know so little of what will come.

So, there it is, my confession. I admit, today, January 1st, is a wonderful day to take stock, to remember, to hope, to dream, and most of all, to make sure my anchor is solidly in the one who will never let me down, no matter what this next year holds.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree . . . you'd think we were related or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are watching the journey. I found this by reading Brad's blog. It's gonna be amazing.
    S & J

    ReplyDelete