Friday, January 30, 2009

In the quiet of the morning

The house is quiet, the children are sleeping, even that cat hasn't come home from his all night prowls. This is a strange thing indeed. First, I greatly dislike getting up early, and it has never seemed to matter how early I get up, my youngest will always hear my toes touch the floor and he is up. Mind you, he usually loves to snuggle for a while, so I don't usually mind too much. (just don't tell him I told you that or he will be embarrassed hehe) But, this being surrounded by quietness, is a gift.



"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of your wings will I rejoice"

Photo by talented Hubby



Last night was another wonderful adventure in painting. I had started a piece, but just didn't like it. This is when I discovered the beauty of acrylics, and I totally changed it. But the really great thing was the mistake gave it some depth. And I changed it to be all green. Really, is there anything better in life than something, anything, that is all green! I think not. My hubby had to do a grammar test while I was painting. Don't you just feel for him. He met someone recently who loves grammar and has taught it for 20some years. Oh the pain and misery, I can't even imagine how much I would have to get paid, and given vacations, and and showered with gifts of green things to ever do that. So we watched some Iron Man after and he felt much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment