Sunday, January 4, 2009

Safe, but not Tame

I was spending a lot of time thinking about this classic Narnia - C.S. Lewis quote this morning.
I used to dream of having a lion as a pet. To crawl into that big furry mane and fall asleep, or crawl on his back and hold on for dear life as he took me off on an adventure. Some childhood dreams only become more real as we grow up. As we plan, and ready ourselves for our move to Hong Kong, I feel like that little girl holding onto that mane. Nothing is better that knowing I can trust this lion. I can bury my face in his hair and breath deeply. In those moments I remember that I don't have to have it all figured out. I can let go and enjoy the adventure of my life.

And no, this isn't the nasty chemicals and other questionables I ingested today from the horrible Asian buffet we went to. That was after, and what a bad after it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment