Thursday, February 12, 2009

"To me they were Mom"




Today was Feshya's Valentines party. She wanted to bring cookies. So yesterday we got out her Fairy Cookbook and she choose the cute little marshmallow fudge cutouts. Well, they didn't exactly work to cut out, but they were yummy and the perfect shade of pink for any 9 yr girl's world. Being the fabulous mom that I am (please see the humor there) I had to find a way to make it work. There needed to be some redeeming.
The day had started with making Valentine's to hand out. We got out all our supplies with ideas of the fabulous/better than any bought valentine's we were going to make. That was the plan, yet our sad little papers were not turning out as we had imagined. So, I looked at her and said "I bet they have some really cute one's at the store with the sparkle's already on them.......????!!!!". Off we went, and found the cutest Littlest Pet Shop ones that really did have sparkles on them (score one for momma).
And now the cookies. I couldn't possibly just go and buy something. So I put on my Super Mom Cape and thought, What to do with this fudge. I had to make this work. I saw visions of getting a 'My mom is the best and makes all the best things, and don't you wish your mom was like mine' award.
So after sending her off to school this morning, and then spending the morning in the kitchen, I flew off in my Super Mommy Mobile (otherwise known as the really stinky dirty green van out in my driveway).
After many giggles, hugs and kisses upon delivery I knew I had done good. Really good.

But, I had to ask.

"So, were the cookies the best at the party?" Yes I do see the grasping for a compliment I was doing there, just so you know.
And she said the magic words

"To me they were mom!"

That is what she said. I smiled and leaned over and kissed her forehead, and she smiled at me knowingly.

This is the moment that makes it all worth while.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love being a Mom??? These are the moments we treasure - write them down and go back to read them when your children are not quite as lovable as they are right now. There will be times . . .

    ReplyDelete