Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The choice of success

It is that time in my year where I have to hand in portfolio's of my kids schooling. I am technically not seen as a 'homeschooler' by the government, but my children are distant learners. Many 'real' homeschoolers would turn their noses at me and tell me I am not really a homeschooler either because I have chosen to be accountable to a local school. But, I think we all gotta do what we gotta do, and this is my gotta do. And one look at my kitchen walls, and well, lets just say it isn't covered in maps and the alphabet because we like the educational look!
Anyways.........
as I was saying, I am trying to get my portfolio handed in, and I am just a little late. Anyways, it is always a time where I see all that we have done......and all that we haven't done. I see all their success' and I see all my failures! I love it and hate it. Learning is so unique in all of my kids, it is an amazing journey that I get to watch and guide!

I have also been having an interesting time with my art. A few days ago I was feeling so proud and happy and exciting about what I was doing and wanting to learn, and then one day, I hated it all! I mean, I took it all down because I couldn't even look at it. Then today, I did a few tweeks, and suddenly I am loving it again.
I just read a story about an artist who once was painting out doors and threw all of his supplies into the bush he was trying to paint. But, very next early morning he was up collecting all of his supplies from the death he had sentenced them to. I laughed, I would do that. Okay, maybe I wouldn't, but I sure would think about doing it!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember those reports to the school board when we were homeschooling. I had to do it every month.

    I'm glad you're loving your art again!

    ReplyDelete