Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smile

Just a little something that made me smile this morning.

Enjoy.



This morning as I drove my hubby to work I was amazed by all the new leaves making their oh so quiet yet grand appearance for the year. Spring never ranked as my favorite season, but these last few years it has become special somehow. All that fresh green color, watching the tree's slowly awaken from their long rest. I once heard a poem/song about the beauty of a deciduous tree loosing all its leaves, and the beauty of that place of rest, of shedding. I had never thought of that before, but it was such a sweet relief to be at peace with all seasons of life we go through. And now, to see the precious growth of new buds. It is so cliche, but it really does bring such a sense of hope, doesn't it?! If we stop long enough to listen. The life that was tucked away, so ready to hide for just a while, now can not help itself from bursting forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment