Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm sorry

The last item we needed to be able to move into our house was a bed. Of course there are about 5 million places in Hong Kong to buy a bed, but being able to afford the bed was the issue. So we searched and searched the local classifieds for expats. There is always a tonne of stuff for sale on there because of all the people who come here to work for a few years, but then sell things off for cheap when they leave. But, we were having a really hard time finding an appropriate bed for us.
Then, we found one. We were excited. It was only a mattress, but that was fine, we would figure out the frame with time. So we set it all up, Brad left this morning to help p/u the bed.

Then he calls. They found a bed in the school storage for us instead.

That is great!

really, a good thing.

But that meant I had to call the lady who was literally waiting for the delivery truck to p/u the bed.

I had to call and tell her we would not be coming after all!!

I hate hate hate hate hate hate having to make calls like that. I am one of those people who half entertains the idea of sending a text message instead!!! I mean, I wouldn't really, but still I thought of about it for that split second. Or two.

But I didn't. I called and apologized as whole heartedly as I possibly could.

The response was.........well, she hung up on me.

I felt horrible.
Maybe we should just buy the bed anyways, I thought. Well, that is silly. But, for a few moments that seemed so much better than having a complete stranger not like me.

Okay, so we have some people pleasing issues to work thru yet. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Cris! I probably would have thought about just buying the bed too, rather than upsetting someone - even a stranger. But good for you that you made the call and saved yourself some bucks that can be better spent at this point. I'm so excited that you guys are finally getting into your house! Your new normal is close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a bed finally, even though you had the incident with the lady. The good thing is that you called her, lots of people wouldn't and would just leave her hanging. You've been there for so long and are now getting into your new home, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete