Thursday, April 1, 2010

I gave up

I had great intentions this week about getting our schedule going for homeschooling, and just life in general. Great intentions, that was what I had. It turned out to be one of those days. We did do some school, not a lot, but enough.
Last night hubby delivered the rest of the our furniture so we actually had a table to work on. It felt rather revolutionary actually.
This afternoon a volunteer work crew came to help clean up the yard. Now when I say 'work crew' you most likely have a mental picture of kids in jeans, t-shirts, and old runners! Well.......lets just say that would be an incorrect image. These kids were dressed to go shopping and impress every person they passed. High heels and all. And the mobile's never left their hands. Literally. Work gloves were handed out, and you would have thought they were handing out worms to be digested. It was very humorous actually. They did manage to pick up a few buckets of rubbish. The girls were very interested in us qweilo's (foriegners with white skin) who live in this big house, and I found a few of them peering into our windows hoping to sight Feshya.

Anyways, It was another adventure here on our island.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

Happy Easter everyone. May you always be Cross-Eyed!

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine the "work" crew - we see the same high-heeled, cell-phone-glued-to-the-ear, fashion-conscious Asian kids here. Quite funny. At least you got a bit of the trash cleaned up. And for the home schooling, you know the lessons will all get finished eventually.

    Oh, and I love the Cross-Eyed!

    Have a blessed Easter, Cuz.

    ReplyDelete